Thursday 16 July 2009

Perhaps I should just embrace the darkness!

Yes, things are difficult. Hopefully it is only temporary. Maybe I should just give in and try to find some solace in the darkness! Don't get me wrong, my life isn't that bad, in fact the things that really matter are still wonderful, my husband and two beautiful children. I have them so I have all that I need. But I am a sentimental creature and tend to take life very seriously and personally. It is easy for me to feel a failure, like I don't matter. I tell myself that it is just time for us to take a different path. I just have dark moments, when I suffocate with it all. When everything seems pointless, destined for failure.

So, Midnight Rose was born. Everything I am not! And some things that I am (maybe not outwardly so). She is free and beautiful (I was once, very, but time and children have changed all that!) In fact I have few mirrors in my house, just alot of photographs of how I used to be.

Midnight Rose is full of mystery, although she is also sensitive and caring but strong, oh so strong. She lives in a beautiful old house with a garden that is truly alive, twisting wisteria and of course dozens of fabulous roses. She loves her home and it is very comfortable, perhaps a little cluttered for most peoples taste but not for her. She knows where everything is......

Close to her home is a magical forest where she often walks, it is peaceful and full of nature.



Beautiful isn't it.

3 comments:

  1. I had to comment on this, the fact that you said that you were "once, very" beautiful. My words might not mean much to you, seeing as that I don't actually know you (lol) and have never seen you, but again, had to comment. I hope you'll take my words to heart.

    Please forget all about what "society" tells you is beautiful. The way you talk about how much you love your husband...I bet he thinks you are beautiful just the way you are, right?

    Let go of what you "used to" and embrace what you are. As the years pass (and children happen) our bodies can take on new shapes and sizes. This is just proof of a life well lived and loved. You are beautiful, just as you are!

    I'd also like to ask you to check out a website that I adore. It's called operationbeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment and for following my blog, it means alot to me. I love yours by the way. You are right, my husband does love me the way I am. I think it is just the timing that highlights it for me at the moment. Things are changing and so am I, for the better hopefully. Thank you again, I will check out the site. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I just found your blog...

    I think we all have these feelings every now and again (sometimes more often then not!) and it's important to remember the wise words of Mrs.B. I also have very few mirrors in my house, and avoid them when I am out of the house.

    I love the visual you wrote and the picture as well. Truly magical! I imagine we all could use a little space like that.

    ReplyDelete