Tuesday 21 July 2009

Not a summer shower!

It is mid July. It is raining again! But these aren't summer showers are they?! You can tell summer showers, they smell different, they look different, they feel different. The rain at the moment is the kind you get in autumn and winter. Where has the summer gone, has it gone missing!

Rose cannot sit in her garden!
On another note, never forget the peace that can be obtained from watching candles. They are such wonderful things. So quiet and beautiful, mesmerizing. So if you are feeling overwraught, just sit and watch a candle........ and breathe..........

3 comments:

  1. Strangely enough, it is raining here, too, in the exact same fashion. Not a summer shower that hits the sidewalk and grass and makes the world smell clean, but a heavy, overcast autumn type rain. Ugh.


    I also totally agree about the candle thing! Whenever I want to center myself, I light a candle and just breathe. It's how I slow down during the day and how I start any prayer or ritual.

    Thanks for commenting to my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say as well that the air smells different here today, and for the last few days. It smells of autumn instead of summer. It's definitely odd for July!!

    And I think I'll take your advice and put up a candle tonight. I always have them burning in the day but it's a different mood when you sit down in the dark with a candle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so true! Candles are mesmorizing.

    ReplyDelete